From: John Millikin <jmillikin <at> gmail.com>
Subject: ANNOUNCE: CPython / libpython bindings
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Sunday 27th December 2009 06:41:20 UTC (over 7 years ago)
CPython, the primary implementation of the Python language, has a C
API for embedding Python into applications and writing extension
modules[1]. The cpython[2] package is a binding to this API. It's not
a complete binding yet -- there's a couple areas where I haven't
figured out how to represent the C-ish idioms -- so it's not yet
possible to do things like implement extension modules[3], run code
directly from a file[4], or compile Python strings to code[4].

Hackage can't build docs because it doesn't have the Python
development libraries installed, so I've uploaded them to
<http://ianen.org/haskell/bindings/cpython/api-documentation/>.

If you encounter any build errors, or have wishes / ideas on which
parts of the API to add to the binding, please say so. I will add
parts as I figure them out, but wanted to get a working version out
ASAP so people can play with it.

[1] http://docs.python.org/3.1/c-api/
[2] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/cpython/
[3] http://docs.python.org/3.1/c-api/module.html#initializing-c-modules