From: Ravi Nanavati <ravi_n <at> alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Fwd: [BostonHaskell] Next meeting: December 17th at MIT (32-G882)
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Saturday 12th December 2009 06:48:28 UTC (over 6 years ago)
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ravi Nanavati
Date: Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 1:44 AM
Subject: Next meeting: December 17th at MIT (32-G882)
To: [email protected]

I'm pleased to announce the December meeting of the Boston Area
Haskell Users' Group.

The meeting has been scheduled for Thursday, December 17th from 7pm to
9pm. Like recent meetings, it will be held in the MIT CSAIL Reading
Room (32-G882, i.e. a room on the 8th floor of the Gates Tower of the
MIT's Stata Center at 32 Vassar St in Cambridge, MA).

Based on the responses to my previous message, our featured presenter
will be Ryan Newton who will talk about the Intel Concurrent
Collections for Haskell. Following his presentation, we will have our
traditional break. After the break, we're going to try a joint
programming exercise involving the collections. If anyone has a
suggestion for an interesting programming exercise that would take
advantage of the collections, please speak up (since otherwise Ryan
and I will see what we can come up with next week).

The December attendance poll is at: http://doodle.com/p2zcnca6k39iptb4

As always, responding to this poll will help with two things:
1. Getting an idea of what fraction of the Boston-area Haskell
community can and can't attend this meeting (to help with future
scheduling).
2. Giving me an estimated count of attendees, since I have talked my
wife into baking some more goodies and bringing drinks again.

Helping with BostonHaskell (besides volunteering to speak at future
meetings):
1. Sponsorship of refreshments is still being eagerly solicited
(especially as, for personal reasons, the Cupcake Fund is running
low).
2. Please let me know if you're willing to arrive early (6:30pm) to
stand by the door and let people into the 8th floor. I'm guessing 1 or
2 volunteers is enough here.
3. If someone is willing to edit the HaskellWiki page, post to reddit
or otherwise publicize the meeting please just go ahead and do that
(especially as I'm sending this out on the later side).

If you have any questions about the meeting please send them to them
BostonHaskell mailing list: [email protected] or contact
me directly.

I look forward to seeing many Boston-area Haskellers at the December
meeting!

Thank you,

 - Ravi Nanavati

CD: 3ms