From: Michael Snoyman <michael <at> snoyman.com>
Subject: ANNOUNCE: attempt
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Monday 16th November 2009 20:28:30 UTC (over 7 years ago)
We'd like to announce the second release (version 0.0.1) of the attempt
package, for handling of failures. This release has been made to work with
the new control-monad-failure package[1] in an effort to standardize
failure
handling.

Notable changes to this release:
* The MonadAttempt class was fully redundant with MonadFailure, and has
thus
been removed.
* WrapFailure class has been moved to control-monad-failure (with minor
modifications).
* Data.Attempt.Helper (safe versions of some functions) has been moved to
safe-failure[2].
* Full support for the monadloc package[3] to get monadic stack traces.

As usual, this release is available on hackage[4]. API stability cannot be
guaranteed with this release as well, but we're getting much closer to
hitting the mark.

All the best,
Michael Snoyman, Nicolas Pouillard

1. http://hackage.haskell.org/package/control-monad-failure