From: Thomas DuBuisson <thomas.dubuisson <at> gmail.com>
Subject: ANN: GPS package on Hackage
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Tuesday 27th October 2009 05:11:15 UTC (over 7 years ago)
FYI

I've fixed up the GPS package [1] (not previously announced) so it now
has a correct distance calculation, new addVector function, and a
separate module for the KML export functionality.  This is just
something I pretty up if/when I need it; let me know if you find it
useful and I'll be more likely to maintain it.

Features:
For Coordinates (single points)
    Distance, heading and vector calculations
    Typeclass interface that allows other coordinate schemes (ex:
MGRS) to be developed
    Path distance computation
    Minimum distance between distinct paths (trivial, computationally
expensive)

For locations (a point at a given time) and trails (lists of locations)
    Speed calculation
    Path smoothing
    Rest location filtering

Basic KML exporting is also available in Data.GPS.KML

TODO
* Some day I'll have a GPS logger and make a parser for the NEMA format.
* Fix or eliminate KML exporting.  This should be a different package
and is currently an ugly hack.
* Add a path intersection algorithm
* Make Data.GPS.MGRS

Thomas