From: Michael Snoyman <michael <at> snoyman.com>
Subject: ANN: attempt-0.0.0
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Sunday 25th October 2009 20:51:43 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Hello,

I'm happy to announce the first release of the attempt package[1]. It is
meant to solve the "how should I represent a failure" issue. It is based on
extensible exceptions and provides a monad, a monad transformers and helper
functions to replace many standard, unsafe functions like head. This
release
should be considered unstable as the API is still open to some change, but
is quite usable.

I have a blog post [2] which includes an example walk through of how to use
this library. It covers most of what is available.

Comments are most welcome. I would like this to be a suitable replacement
for the ubiquitous Maybe, (Either String) and ad-hoc Result data types so
often used to report a failure. I'd be very happy to improve the package
for
the general community.

Michael

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/attempt