From: Toralf Wittner <toralf.wittner <at> gmail.com>
Subject: ANN: epoll bindings 0.1.1
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Tuesday 25th August 2009 16:53:33 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Hi, I am pleased to announce the release of epoll bindings 0.1.1 available
from:

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/epoll

Epoll is an I/O event notification facility for Linux similar to poll
but with good scaling characteristics. Currently the bindings are
fairly low level and close to the C API. In the future I hope to add
some buffer or stream abstraction on top. Eventually, when GHC can
make use of epoll/kqueue etc. in addition to select, this library will
not be needed anymore. Until then it might be useful for applications
which monitor large numbers of file descriptors.

-Toralf

CD: 4ms