From: Uwe Hollerbach <uhollerbach <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Announce: haskeem 0.7.0 uploaded to hackage
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Sunday 7th June 2009 02:07:12 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Hi, all, a little while ago I uploaded haskeem 0.7.0 to hackage: this
is my small scheme interpreter. I had been busy with other important
stuff for a while, and hadn't worked on it for a while; but I've now
updated it to build ok with ghc 6.10.3 + haskeline, plus I added a
simple macro system; that had been one of the two big items left on my
list for it. It's not yet full R6RS Scheme hygienic macros, but I'll
get there, too...

I had kind of a "functional programming moment" while doing this macro
system... I had been thinking and reading about it for, oh, a couple
of weeks now, and today I sat down to start that, with the hope of
maybe finishing it in a week or two. Nope! All in all, it took about
45 minutes, with the really important changes to the code spanning,
oh, call it a generous three lines of code. There were changes in
50ish other lines, but those were all pretty trivial, just adding
another data type. Such a let-down! :-) :-) :-)

There is one small regression in all of this, namely that with
haskeline I have lost the ability to interrupt the interpreter and
land back at the "lisp>" prompt. I can interrupt it all right, but I
end up at the shell prompt... not so good! I know all that stuff can
be set up to interrupt a little less thoroughly than that, I just
haven't got around to it yet... soon, I hope.

Uwe

CD: 3ms