From: Richard W.M. Jones <rjones <at> redhat.com>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Bindings for libguestfs
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Monday 11th May 2009 08:52:46 UTC (over 8 years ago)
I added some partial bindings for libguestfs[1] here:

http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=libguestfs.git;a=blob;f=haskell/Guestfs.hs;hb=HEAD

Some very simple example programs which use these bindings:

http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=libguestfs.git;a=tree;f=haskell;hb=HEAD

Any comments welcome.  My Haskell skills are pretty terrible, so I'm
sure there are many ways these can be improved.

If someone wants to look at binding the rest of the API, then please
send me some patches.  (Note that the Guestfs.hs file is automatically
generated).

BTW, I found the documentation on writing FFIs very contradictory and
incomplete.  For example, I was completely defeated trying to find
ways to do simple stuff like passing in integers or returning
booleans.  *Potentially* Haskell's FFI seems like it might be one of
the best out of the languages I've used so far, but it needs way more
documentation and examples.

Rich.

[1] http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/