From: Niemeijer, R.A. <r.a.niemeijer <at> tue.nl>
Subject: ANNOUNCE: HPong-0.1.2: A simple OpenGL Pong game based on GLFW
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Thursday 23rd April 2009 17:15:48 UTC (over 8 years ago)
About two days ago the beta version of the Haskell Platform was released.
Since it comes with an OpenGL library, it is now trivially easy to start
making OpenGL programs with Haskell. To test this, I decided to make a
simple Pong clone for two reasons:

* To experiment with making an OpenGL game
* I chose to use the GLFW instead of the GLUT library because GLUT
doesn’t respond to closing a window with the close button very well.
However, I could only find one piece of sample code for GLFW. Because of
that, I decided to make a small game that others can use as a starting
point for their own games.

The controls are very simple: The up and down arrow keys move your paddle
and Esc quits the game.

This is my first upload to Hackage, so any comments or suggestions are
welcome.

CD: 4ms