From: Vasyl Pasternak <vasyl.pasternak <at> gmail.com>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] hgettext 0.1.10 - last major release
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Tuesday 14th April 2009 21:18:38 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Hello,

I've uploaded last (and latest) significant version on hgettext
module. Currently it works fine, and has bindings to all gettext
functions (from libintl.h). Next versions will be only bug fixes of
this version.

GNU GetText allows you only to create simple, standalone desktop
applications for Linux, to make something complex you should use
different trick, fortunately Haskell could do these tricks much easier
than other languages (if you want to see, how to build Gtk
application, which supports run time language switching, and shows
information on two languages simultaneously you could download example
from http://hgettext.googlecode.com/files/gtk-hello-0.0.2.tar.gz
, or
read about it from
http://progandprog.blogspot.com/2009/04/multilingual-ui-and-dynamic-language.html)

I don't see any strong reasons to write any combinators over this
basic bindings. Haskell needs more powerful internationalization
library, and I am plan to design it, but it will be completely
different from gettext principles, so this library will be released
with another name.

CHANGELOG:

* Added '--version' command line parameter to hgettext tool

* Added support for literate haskell files to hgettext tool

* Changed all functions to throw IOError when they fails instead of
return Nothing

* Added bindings for: ngettext, dgettext, dngettext, dcgettext and
dcngettext functions

--
Best regards,
Vasyl Pasternak