From: Martijn van Steenbergen <martijn <at> van.steenbergen.nl>
Subject: Ann: Yogurt-0.4
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Friday 10th April 2009 21:57:42 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Bonsoir café,

It is my pleasure to announce version 0.4 of Yogurt, a functional MUD
client. Version 0.4 makes Yogurt available as a standalone executable
that is able to dynamically load and reload Yogurt scripts. Here is a
small example of such a script:

> module Minimal where
>
> import Network.Yogurt
>
> newmoon :: Session
> newmoon = session
>   { hostName   = "eclipse.cs.pdx.edu"
>   , portNumber = 7680
>   , mudProgram = \reload -> do
>       mkCommand "reload" reload
>   }

Valid scripts define at least one session which is used to connect to
the MUD. mudProgram fields are provided with a reload action that when
invoked reloads the script without interrupting the MUD connection.

Of course, Yogurt also still offers hooks, timers, logging, variables
and more.

The executable is released as a separate package so that developers
wishing to use just the "pure" machinery can do that without inheriting
dependencies on the GHC API or readline library. To install the
executable, run:

$ cabal update
$ cabal install Yogurt -freadline
$ cabal install Yogurt-Standalone

Yogurt's new home page can be found at:
http://code.google.com/p/yogurt-mud/

And on hackage:
http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/Yogurt
http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/Yogurt-Standalone

I would love to hear your feedback! Suggestions, complaints, comments,
bug reports, experiences et cetera are all welcome.

Kind regards,

Martijn.

CD: 3ms