From: Joe Fredette <jfredett <at> gmail.com>
Subject: ANN: HCard -- A library for implementing card-like structures.
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Wednesday 8th April 2009 02:42:46 UTC (over 8 years ago)
HCard, is a library which supports a card-like data structures, it uses
associated types [1] to provide shuffling, dealing, and other
facilities. It's
general enough to support many different types of playing cards, it
currently comes with the common "French Deck" (4-suit, 13 card deck that
is very common in the US) implemented and an example (though untested)
cribbage scoring application.

You can find HCard here [2,3], and a post about it's use of associated
types here [1].

On another note, I can't think of a good reason I should be using
associated types, as I explain in [1]. Well, no good reason other than
the "cool factor" -- can anyone enlighten me on a possible practical
benefit of using Assoc types as opposed to a simple indexed record?

Anyway, enjoy HCard!

/Joe Fredette

[1]
http://lowlymath.net/2009/card-games-scorekeeping-and-associated-datatypes/