From: Tillmann Vogt <Tillmann.Vogt <at> rwth-aachen.de>
Subject: ANN: SVGFonts 0.1
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Monday 6th April 2009 17:22:09 UTC (over 8 years ago)
I hereby publish my first library in Haskell.

SVGFonts 0.1

It parses the pretty unknown SVG Font format to produce outlines of
characters. The big advantage of this format is that it is XML, which
means easy parsing and manipulating. Because I haven't found any
svg-files on the Internet the typical way is to convert a more popular
format (i.e. .ttf) into SVG Font via fontforge.

This library may be useful if you want to have a direct access to
specific algorithms which is of course harder when using a binding (i.e.
Jeff Heards FTGL binding). The speed is improvable (see TO DO list) and
since since this is my first library there might some errors which I am
not aware of (please tell me). I also wonder why the library doesn't
appear under graphics on hackage, although there is   Category: Graphics
in my cabal file.

Depending on which library I like more, I will maybe integrate SVGFonts
into LambdaCube or Fieldtrip

Cheers,
Tillmann

CD: 3ms