From: Felipe Lessa <felipe.lessa <at> gmail.com>
Subject: ANNOUNCE: dzen-utils 0.1
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Sunday 15th March 2009 15:17:54 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Hello!

I'm please to announce dzen-utils 0.1. I don't feel like it is ready
to be released, but let's see how everything goes. :)

== WHAT ==

dzen-utils contains various utilities for creating dzen input strings
in a type-safe way using some combinators, including the ability to
apply colors locally (instead of applying for everything beyond some
point). It can also emulate dbar and gdbar, do automatic padding, and more.

== WHY ==

I don't like to write bash scripts for dzen, and I don't like the way
xmobar treats its configuration and its inability to show anything
other than text. This package is a short-term solution for my
problems. Maybe I'll write xmozen in the future. ;)

== WHERE, HOW, etc. ==

It is in Hackage already, go get it[1]. Please see the documentation
of System.Dzen for some small examples.

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/dzen-utils

Thanks for your time,

--