From: Lyle Kopnicky <lists <at> qseep.net>
Subject: ANNOUNCE: Vintage BASIC 1.0
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Friday 13th March 2009 04:10:07 UTC (over 8 years ago)
I am pleased to announce the initial release of Vintage BASIC, an
interpreter for microcomputer-era BASIC. Fully unit-tested, it faithfully
implements the common elements of the language. On the web site, you can
find 102 games from the classic book BASIC Computer Games, all of which run
flawlessly. Have fun!
This is a standalone interpreter, operating on text files. Although not an
embedding, like Lennart Augustsson's clever implementation, it does use a
custom BASIC monad in order to execute the code. A unique feature of this
implementation is that control structures such as FOR are implemented using
resumable exceptions: FOR is a handler and NEXT throws an exception. A
Developer's Guide is included with the source.

This is my first public release of open source software. I have been
working
on this project since 2003.

Home page: http://www.vintage-basic.net

Also available on
Hackage<http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/vintage-basic>and
patch-tag.com <http://patch-tag.com/repo/vintage-basic/home>.

Please e-mail me at [email protected] with any questions/comments.

- Lyle

CD: 4ms