From: Brent Yorgey <byorgey <at> seas.upenn.edu>
Subject: ANN: The Typeclassopedia, and request for feedback
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Monday 16th February 2009 09:29:50 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Hi all,

If you've noticed the lack of a HWN this week, that's because I've
been doggedly finishing my article entitled 'The Typeclassopedia',
which I have just submitted for publication in the Monad.Reader.
Here's the abstract:

    The standard Haskell libraries feature a number of type classes
    with algebraic or categorical underpinnings. Becoming a fluent
    Haskell hacker requires intimate familiarity with them all, yet
    acquiring this familiarity often involves combing through a
    mountain of tutorials, blog posts, mailing list archives, and IRC
    logs.

    The goal of this article is to serve as a starting point for the
    student of Haskell wishing to gain a firm grasp of its standard
    type classes. The essentials of each type class are introduced,
    with examples, commentary, and extensive references for further
    reading.

My hope is that this will be a valuable resource to the Haskell
community, especially those who are learning.  Any feedback would be
greatly appreciated, especially if it helps improve the article before
publication.  A draft can be found here:

    http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~byorgey/papers/typeclassopedia-draft-090216.pdf

Also see my blog post for a bit more info:

    http://byorgey.wordpress.com/2009/02/16/the-typeclassopedia-request-for-feedback/

happy haskelling!
-Brent

CD: 2ms