From: Daniel Patterson <daniel <at> dbpatterson.com>
Subject: ANN: HSmugMug 0.1 - a haskell wrapper to the photo site smugmug's api
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Tuesday 27th May 2008 22:22:59 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Released May 27th, 2008.

I've been working for a little while on a haskell wrapper to the photo
hosting
site Smugmug's api.

As of now, the library is pretty simple - it is 'read-only' - ie, you can't
use
it to upload to or create galleries, but I still think it is potentially
useful to haskell/smugmug users. I created it primarily so I could
integrate my
photos at smugmug into my website, which you can see in the 'photos'
section of
my website - a very primitive but proof of concept-esque demonstration.

I have deliberately not included much glue between the actual api and the
use
of it, because I think that is something that can more cleanly evolve out
of
use - if people find themselves repeating certain patterns when using the
api,
those would logically become part of the api wrapper. So, let me know what
you
think!

Full release notes, brief tutorial, install instructions, etc, at
http://dbpatterson.com/articles/10
.

Feedback welcome! (this is the first thing longer than a 5 liner that I've
written in haskell, so be gentle)

Daniel

CD: 50ms