From: Simon Marlow <simonmarhaskell <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Become a GHC build slave!
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Friday 2nd February 2007 16:37:41 UTC (over 10 years ago)
Thanks largely to Ian Lynagh, GHC now has a BuildBot infrastructure to
automate
nightly builds on multiple platforms.  This replaces the old set of shell
scripts that we used to run nightly builds; now adding new clients to the
setup
is relatively easy, instructions are here:

   http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/BuildBot

So far we have various Windows builds running, and I'll be moving over the
existing Linux nightly builds in due course.

If you have a spare machine or a machine that is idle overnight, and you'd
like
to use it to run automated GHC builds, then please take a look at the above
page
for how to get started.  We especially need platforms that we don't use
regularly (i.e. not Windows or Linux/x86/x86_64).

Cheers,
	Simon

CD: 3ms