From: Tim Newsham <newsham <at> lava.net>
Subject: Haskell Program
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Friday 22nd September 2006 20:09:48 UTC (over 10 years ago)
The company I work for was gracious enough to allow me to release a
haskell program I wrote for them:

    http://www.isecpartners.com/file_fuzzers.html

There's a python version and a rewrite in haskell.  I used some looping
constructs discussed earlier on this list to keep the haskell code similar
to its original python code.  Don Stewart was kind enough to help me
optimize some of the code using ByteString and a faster PRNG (the
System.Random class seems to be a bit on the slow side!).  Prior to using
ByteString and optimizing the code it was a bit slower than the python
version, but with optimizations it is quite a bit faster.  (In practice,
the external program being invoked is usually the performance bottleneck).

Tim Newsham
http://www.thenewsh.com/~newsham/

CD: 3ms