From: Evan Martin <martine <at> danga.com>
Subject: announce: (preliminary) dbus haskell bindings
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Tuesday 18th July 2006 00:04:50 UTC (over 11 years ago)
"D-Bus is a message bus system, a simple way for applications to talk
to one another." [1]
It's particularly popular on free software desktops (Gnome, KDE).
HDBus wraps the DBus APIs so your Haskell code can broadcast messages
and make calls to services.  For example, on my recent Ubuntu system,
these bindings are sufficient to pop up balloon-tip-style
notifications via a daemon I wasn't previously aware of.

Very preliminary code, so please let me know if you find it useful.
(Also, I don't know where it's appropriate to announce this, so please
direct me to other mailing lists.)

Home page: http://neugierig.org/software/hdbus/
Haddock: http://neugierig.org/software/hdbus/doc/
Repository browser: