From: andrew cooke <andrew <at> acooke.org>
Subject: Working(!) Re: ODBC and x64
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.erlang.general
Date: Sunday 22nd April 2007 16:05:04 UTC (over 10 years ago)
Sorry for the noise.  I'm not that experienced with Autoconf.  The oddc32
and nptl thread failures were red herrings - they were not the cause of
the problem.  In fact, the state of the system is the same as back in May
2006 in that ODBC on 64 bits is explicitly blocked, but compiles (I have
not yet tested it, apart from making a successful connection a known DSN)
if you remove the block.

The block location is in otp_src_R11B-4/lib/odbc/c_src/Makefile and can be
removed by simply commenting out the test:

#ifneq ($(BITS64),yes)
EI_LIB = -lerl_interface -lei
UNIX_TARGET = $(BIN_DIR)/odbcserver
EXE_TARGET = $(UNIX_TARGET)
#endif

That file is generated by configure, so the build process, if you want to
enable odbcserver, is:

./configure
[edit lib/odbc/c_src/Makefile]
make
make install

I would still appreciate feedback on whether this is going to work, what
problems I might face, and when/if this will be officially supported.

Thanks,
Andrew

CD: 3ms