From: Allen Winter <winter-RoXCvvDuEio <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: [RFC] KDE 4.0 Release Roadmap
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.kde.releases
Date: Wednesday 14th March 2007 12:22:20 UTC (over 10 years ago)
Howdy,

Hereby we, the Release Team, present a draft KDE 4.0 Release roadmap which
has
been discussed on our mailinglist the past few weeks. It's an optimistic
schedule
that aims to release in late October, based on 3 Beta's and 2 release
candidates.

We tried to make a schedule that pleases as many people as possible, but
you
will understand that everyone has their own favorite agenda. So when
commenting
on the schedule you will need to think about who will benefit from the
change
and who will have trouble with it. Your personal interest might not be the
one
of the group.

KDE 4.0 will not contain all features announced nor promised: these will
come during the lifetime of KDE 4.  We can probably switch quickly to a
KDE 4.1 release if there are major subsystems ready for merging soon after
the KDE 4.0 hits the streets. Also remember that we have been porting for
a couple years and we need to get this show on the road.

Release soon and release often.

Discuss.
Allen, KDEPIM Release Dude

PS: there still remains a great need for people to volunteer as release
coordinators for several of our modules.  The current coordinators list,
along with other KDE 4 Release info can be found at
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE4ReleaseInfo

It would be great if we had at least a point of contact per KDE module.

CD: 3ms