From: James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj <at> acm.org>
Subject: Re: Konsole problems
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.kde.general
Date: Thursday 15th April 2004 12:43:19 UTC (over 14 years ago)
Albert Ren wrote:
> I installed the slack 9.1 packages off of kde.org and now konsole is
> complaining about this:
>
> "Font `-misc-console-medium-r-normal--16-160-72-72-c-80-iso10646-1' not
> found.
> Check README.linux.console for help."
>
> I'm not exactly sure what this is.  I've checked out my XF86 font
> directories, and even followed a suggestion I found through usenet to
> copy the *.gz files from /opt/kde/share/fonts to the misc font
> directory, but that doesn't seem to work.
>
> Anyone got any bright ideas?

The file name for this font is:

console8x16.pcf.gz

It will be installed in: $KDEDIR/share/fonts

If KDE is not installed with a perfix of: "/usr", then you must add this
directory to: /etc/fonts/local.conf.  Add this as the next to last line of
the file just before: :

	$KDEDIR/share/fonts

OR, you can move the files:

	9x15.pcf.gz
	console8x16.pcf.gz
	console8x8.pcf.gz

to: /usr/share/fonts/ and then make a link:

	$KDEDIR/share/fonts -> /usr/share/fonts

and after you do one or the other (NOT both) execute as root:

	fc-cache -vf

You might have to restart KDE before it will find the font.

--
JRT