From: Karsten =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCnne?= <kuenne <at> rentec.com>
Subject: Negotiate authentication for HTTP
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.kde.devel.kfm
Date: Wednesday 7th July 2004 23:41:42 UTC (over 12 years ago)
Somebody on kde-devel suggested that I forward this to kfm-devel.

Date: Wednesday 07 July 2004 00:33
From: Karsten K√ľnne
To: [email protected]

Hi,

After Mozilla came out with support for negotiate authentication and we try
 to deploy it for our internal webservice I couldn't let Konqueror stand in
 the dark and be abandoned by our users. So I hacked together a patch for
 kioslave/http in order to support negotiate authentication. This patch
works
 fine with apache and mod_auth_kerb-5.0-rc5 and heimdal on the server side.
 tested it on a SuSE 9.0 system with KDE 3.2.3 but the diff is against KDE
 CVS from yesterday (there aren't many changes in this area between 3.2.3
and
 CVS). I don't know whether I got the autoconf magic right, I'm not an
expert
 on that. Also, this implementation will most likely NOT work with IIS and
 SPNEGO and it doesn't support mutual authentication as it does not support
 multiple roundtrips between client and server. I have no way of testing
 against IIS so I can't work on this. But if you're using apache and
mod_auth_kerb-5.0 it should work fine. It also supports multiple
WWW-Authenticate headers, for instance "Negotiate" and "Basic" (this is
what
our server sends). If "Negotiate" repeatedly fails it falls back to the
next
lower authentication (in our case "Basic"). This is the behavior we want at
our site. All the changes in http.cc and http.h are ifdef'd with
HAVE_LIBGSSAPI so it should be transparent if this is not defined.

Please have a look and let me know whether this is useful for inclusion
into
kdelibs.

Karsten.
--
The Psblurtex is an 18-inch long anaconda that hides in the gentlemen's
outfitting departments of Amazonian stores and is often bought by

Karsten.
--
We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.
		-- Winston Churchill

CD: 3ms