From: Khurram Saleem <khurram.saleem <at> ascertia.com>
Subject: Re: Image in Signature [Complete]
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.java.lib.itext.general
Date: Wednesday 31st May 2006 07:21:15 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Anja Kaiser  gmx.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to include an image in the visible signature of a PDF
document
with iText. And if yes, how?

> Thanks for your help & best regards
>
> Anja

> All the advantages of Linux Managed Hosting--Without the Cost and Risk!
> Fully trained technicians. The highest number of Red Hat certifications
in
> the hosting industry. Fanatical Support. Click to learn more
> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=107521&bid=248729&dat=121642

Hi Anja

Yeah it is possible here is sample code:

    import com.lowagie.text.*;
    import com.lowagie.tools.*;
    import com.lowagie.text.pdf.*;

    public PdfStamper m_objPDFStamp = null;
    public PdfSignatureAppearance m_objSigApp = null;

    //Getting Image Instance
    Image obj_pic = Image.getInstance("1.gif");

    //Creating Signature
    m_objPDFStamp = PdfStamper.createSignature(m_objPDFIn, m_objfos, '\0',
null, true);

    //Getting Signature Appearance
    m_objSigApp = m_objPDFStamp.getSignatureAppearance();

    m_objSigApp.setCrypto(m_objPrk, m_objCertChain,null,
PdfSignatureAppearance.WINCER_SIGNED);

    //Setting Signature Location
    m_objSigApp.setVisibleSignature(new Rectangle(100, 500, 400, 400),
1, "Signature1");

    m_objSigApp.setAcro6Layers(true);
    PdfTemplate n1 = m_objSigApp.getLayer(1);
    PdfTemplate n2 = m_objSigApp.getLayer(2);

    n2.getBoundingBox().setBorder(4);
    n2.getBoundingBox().setBorderColor(CMYKColor.DARK_GRAY);

    n2.setLineDash(10);

    n2.beginText();
    BaseFont bf = BaseFont.createFont("Helvetica", BaseFont.WINANSI,
false);
    Font myFont = new Font(Font.HELVETICA, 200, Font.NORMAL);
    bf = BaseFont.createFont("Helvetica", BaseFont.WINANSI, false);

    n2.setColorStroke(java.awt.Color.BLUE);
    n2.setFontAndSize(bf, 12);
    //n2.setGrayFill(2);
    //n2.setTextMatrix(10, 100);
    n2.showText("Hello");
    //Setting Signing Reason
    n2.showText("I'm Auhtor of this document");
    //Setting Contact Detail
    n2.showText("Lahore, Pakistan");
    n2.showText(m_straliases);
    n2.endText();

    obj_pic.setBorder(3);
    obj_pic.setBorderColor(CMYKColor.BLUE);
    obj_pic.setAbsolutePosition(10,10);
    n2.addImage(obj_pic);

    //Closing PdfStamper
    m_objPDFStamp.close();

OR Other way is also there:

    Image obj_pic = Image.getInstance("1.gif");

    //Creating Signature
    m_objPDFStamp = PdfStamper.createSignature(m_objPDFIn, m_objfos, '\0',
null, true);

    //Getting Signature Appearance
    m_objSigApp = m_objPDFStamp.getSignatureAppearance();

    m_objSigApp.setCrypto(m_objPrk, m_objCertChain,null,
PdfSignatureAppearance.WINCER_SIGNED);

    //Setting Signature Location
    m_objSigApp.setVisibleSignature(new Rectangle(100, 500, 400, 400),
1, "Signature1");

    //Setting Signing Reason
    m_objSigApp.setReason("I'm Auhtor of this document");

    //Setting Contact Detail
    m_objSigApp.setContact("Lahore, Pakistan");

    m_objSigApp.setImage(obj_pic);

    //Setting Location
    m_objSigApp.setLocation("Pakistan");

    //Closing PdfStamper