From: Foster, Dawn M <dawn.m.foster-ral2JQCrhuEAvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: MeeGo 1.0 Update for Netbooks
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.handhelds.meego.community
Date: Wednesday 7th July 2010 23:33:46 UTC (over 6 years ago)
This announcement is being cross-posted to a couple of the major mailing
lists. In the future we will avoid cross-posting, so please subscribe to
[email protected] if you want to
receive these types of updates. You can subscribe by visiting your
meego.com account page under mailing lists or subscribe directly at http://lists.meego.com/listinfo/meego-announce.
Now, on with the announcement!

Today, we are announcing our first update for the MeeGo v1.0 Core Software
Platform & Netbook User Experience project release, originally announced on
May 25th.

Many of you were quick to install our recent release of MeeGo v1.0 on your
netbook. We appreciate all of the community help from those of you who
tested our release and filed bugs. In fact, this update has over 100 bug
fixes and is recommended for all users running MeeGo 1.0 for Netbooks.

This update includes general operating system fixes that enhance the
stability, compatibility, and security of your devices, as well as:
* Updated to the 2.6.33.5 kernel
* Faster usb storage finding time down from 5 seconds to 1
* Improved 3D performance
* Many enhancements in the web browser
* Resolution for several email client issues
* Enhanced netbook window manager
* Greatly enhanced visuals
* Full support for GNOME proxy configuration in the media player
* More control over DNS settings

To get a full list of bug fixes you can visit the release update pages:
http://meego.com/downloads/releases/updates/meego-v1.0.1-core-os-update
http://meego.com/downloads/releases/updates/meego-v1.0.1-netbook-update

If you run into any issues or have additional questions about the update,
you can post them in our MeeGo Netbook Forum:
http://forum.meego.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

CD: 3ms