From: <quim.gil <at> nokia.com>
Subject: RE: No more 770 bug activity?
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.handhelds.maemo.devel
Date: Tuesday 3rd April 2007 06:58:19 UTC (over 10 years ago)
Hi,

>Is there any chance to have a community maintained release? If
>I remember correctly some drivers are missing to get there,
>any chance to get the open sourced?

>From a Nokia 770 customer point of view, any solution around this device
needs to come sooner than later, since devices get old quite fast
nowadays. From a Nokia Corporation perspective open sourcing components
might be a slow process even if all the parties involved have a clear
and common wish opening a specific source code. If we are talking about
hardware drivers, the process might be *really* slow. Therefore, there
are little chances that the solution for 770 customers comes from Nokia
opensourcing components, really.

The current hacker edition looks like the best candidate to become a
more continued solution. Some people here have got a deep look at it.
What do you think?

On the other hand, it would be useful for everybody to highlight what
are the hot zones, what theoric solutions can be applied, which ones can
be discarded and who is responsible of what. Or in other words: what 770
users are *really* missing today and how this could be brought to the
device.

Quim

CD: 3ms