From: Kalle Valo <kalle.valo <at> nokia.com>
Subject: stlc45xx: open source WLAN driver for N800 and N810
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.handhelds.maemo.devel
Date: Thursday 18th September 2008 12:58:39 UTC (over 8 years ago)
I'm excited to announce a new project called stlc45xx, an open source
WLAN driver for Nokia N800 and N810. It's using mac80211 stack
included in Linux since 2.6.22. Even though I currently classify the
driver as alpha quality I have managed to transfer 1.2 GB of data with
iperf.

Our aim is to run the project in community mode and all community
contribution is very welcomed. A git repository will be set up soon to
make it easier for the developers to work on the driver. The project
web page will contain more information as it comes available:

http://stlc45xx.garage.maemo.org/

I recommend anyone interested about the project joining
stlc45xx-devel. Unfortunately the garage project is closed currently,
but it will be opened as soon as possible.

I'm sending this from Helsinki-Vantaa airport on my way to Berlin. I
will be giving a presentation about stlc45xx at the Maemo Summit on
Friday 15:00. See you there!

Kalle Valo

CD: 18ms