From: Nils Faerber <nils.faerber <at> kernelconcepts.de>
Subject: New home for GPE?
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.handhelds.gpe
Date: Thursday 17th August 2006 11:40:27 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Hello!

As some of you already know, there is a new place on the net for
projects concerned about open source on mobile devices, called "Linux To
Go" or short LTG (see http://www.linuxtogo.org ).

The special idea behind LTG is that not only the service is free for
everyone (in this area) to use but also that the site/platform itself is
intended to be run by the community. This opens up several interesting
possibilities - but of course also some risks ;)

Some other already well known projects, like OpenEmbedded and Angstrom,
already use LTG. And since GPE already collaborates with those two (and
others) I think it would be a good idea to stay close with them.

Long talk short meaning, I would like to propose that we move GPE from
handhelds.org to LTG.

Florian already tested most of the features we need and so we think it
would be a safe move. We have our own Bugzilla there, mailinglists and
of course CVS. Also a brandnew webserver, Wiki, GForge and everything
that we could possibly need. All together on a quite beefy machine that
should provide a smooth and fluent service.

So the question is basically if anyone would object to this move?

If not Florian and me would prepare the actual move, i.e. moving our
data from hh.org to LTG and create a new mailinglist with all currently
subscribed members subscribed to the new list (and unsubscribed from the
old).

Most services should run at once out of the box.
We would post the new URIs to the new list and try to create forwards as
far as possible (for CVS this will not work but for web).

So, any objections?
If not (or not many ;) I would propose the next weekend or beginning of
next week for the actual move.

OK?

Cheers
  nils faerber

--
kernel concepts GbR      Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Dreisbachstr. 24         Fax: +49-271-771091-19