From: Jean-Baptiste Queru <jbq-z5hGa2qSFaRBDgjK7y7TUQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Building AOSP: let's call this "1.0"
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.handhelds.android.platform
Date: Monday 5th October 2009 21:42:47 UTC (over 8 years ago)
I've been doing some additional work to put together a
maintainable/scalable build configuration structure for AOSP.

Here's the current status:

-there's a product "aosp_us" which builds for the emulator.
-there's a product "aosp_dream_us", which builds for dream (i.e. ADP1).
-I've added a few entries in the lunch menu to get quick access to those.
-the old "aosp_dream" product is gone.
-aosp-dream-us_userdebug is pretty close to the ADP1 config.
-the aosp configs don't have any of the Google apps (still some
details to be worked out).
-because opencore is different between master and donut, there could
be dragons there when running on dream.
-Calendar is still broken in the exact same way. I haven't had time to
look at this yet.
-as you might have guessed, the point of having *_us configurations is
to also create some *_eu ones. Coming soon.
-this is still master-only at the moment, though I'm planning to
replicate it to donut when the activity quiets down a bit.

I'd like to call this state "1.0 of AOSP". It's not perfect yet, but I
believe that this should allow contributors to test their changes in
better conditions before uploading them for review.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.