From: Jean-Baptiste Queru <jbq-z5hGa2qSFaRBDgjK7y7TUQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: branches again 1.5 now
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.handhelds.android.platform
Date: Monday 27th April 2009 14:33:25 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Yes, the ADP1 situation is currently unfortunate. We've had to pick
priorities, the priority went to open-sourcing code out of Google, as
that's something that only Googlers can do.

The truth is, ADP1 isn't a phone from Google. While Google has some
influence on it (and provides a number of proprietary apps), It's
neither manufactured nor distributed by Google, and that puts limits
on the ways Google can support it (and espcially on how Google can not
redistribute some of the ADP1-specific files).

We've already shared everything that's not proprietary. All the
missing files fall in the "proprietary" category, and that's why we
have to deal with extract_files.sh and the associated ugliness. None
of the issues are technical: getting fired and then sued by both
Google and the owners of the files in question is indeed just one
sharing-effort away.

If we had been able to share those files, we'd have done so back in
December when ADP1 first shipped.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru