From: Cormier, Mickael <mickael.cormier-GrGkmOP51GdCJzPlVjw5jQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: HOWTO : Install OpenSG on Mac with Macports
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.graphics.opensg.user
Date: Wednesday 31st October 2012 11:00:00 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Hi there,

For some months ago we tried at the institute to install OpenSG on a Mac
OSX System.
It actually worked, but until now we didn't used it again because we almost
work on Ubuntu.

If someone could need it, here a description on how ton install it. It's
just a way I got it.
It works for both 10.7.x Lion and 10.8.x Mountain Lion. No guaranty for
older..

#Install Xcode with the AppStore
#Run it and install its components
#Go to Preferences, Downloads and install Command Line Tools
#Install macports http://www.macports.org/install.php
#install cg from nvidia https://developer.nvidia.com/cg-toolkit-download
#In a Terminal :
sudo su
port selfupdate && port sync
port install git-core cmake boost mesa zlib jpeg libpng tiff vtk5
collada-dom doxygen gdal openexr
mkdir ~/Downloads/OpenSG
cd ~/Downloads/OpenSG
git clone git://opensg.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/opensg/opensg
cd opens && mkdir build && cd build
cmake ..
make -j4 && make install
ln -s /usr/local/lib/debug/* /usr/lib
ln -s /usr/local/lib64/debug/* /usr/lib
cd ~/Downloads/OpenSG/opensg/Examples/Tutorial
mkdir build && cd build
cmake ..
make -j4

Cheers,