From: Mike Weiblen <mweiblen-JiB5P9hb2rommHo5j90itg <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: ANNOUNCE: new OSG win32 3rdParty binary distribution policy
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.graphics.openscenegraph.user
Date: Thursday 6th December 2007 20:32:33 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Hi,

I now maintain my collection of OSG win32 3rdParty binaries using the
osgToy Subversion on SourceForge, see:
http://osgtoy.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/osgtoy/3rdParty/branches/

There is no "trunk", rather are separate branches depending on the
version of VisualStudio they're build with.  Those branches represent
the most current top-of-tree.

When I build an OSG win32 binary installer release, I tag the branch;
for example the current win32 installer's 3rdParty are tagged at
http://osgtoy.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/osgtoy/3rdParty/tags/osg2.2.0_v
s80_setup_2007-10-08/

So going forward I'm not inclined to make .zip archives of 3rdParty
binaries anymore, and the SVN repository will be the definitive source.
Essentially, SVN is becoming my prefered distribution mechanism.  You
can integrate the 3rdParty libs into your local OSG source tree very
easily by setting an svn:externals property; see
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch07s03.html
 (If the lack of .zip
archives causes a major problems, I could probably be coaxed; eg beers
or promises thereof :-)

If you come across docs that does not reflect this policy, please do
feel free to update that documentation.  Likewise, I'll add this info to
http://mew.cx/osg RSN.

cheers
-- mew

CD: 4ms