From: =?UTF-8?Q?Pedro_C=C3=B4rte=2DReal?= <pedro-50kUH6fkqBvR7s880joybQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Public Service Announcement about corrupt RAW files
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.graphics.darktable.user
Date: Friday 1st May 2015 11:06:59 UTC (over 2 years ago)
Hi everyone,

We've once again had a user show up with broken raw files because of
editing them, this time with exiftool. In the past we've also had
digikam corrupt raw files and there are probably other tools out there
that think it's a good idea to corrupt your files. We've discussed
this in the past but I just wanted to make it absolutely clear.

1) There is absolutely no situation in which it is a good idea to edit
a raw file. None whatsoever.
2) If you do break a raw file we will not add special cases to handle
those files, it will stay broken.
3) Even if the broken file works today with darktable it may not in
the future, we will not fix those cases either.

Cheers,

Pedro

http://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/290420510;117567292;y

CD: 3ms