From: Luke Dunstan <coder_infidel-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: linker does not find -lcrypto
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.user
Date: Friday 8th August 2003 01:38:18 UTC (over 14 years ago)
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jérôme DESPATIS"
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 4:38 PM
Subject: [Mingw-users] linker does not find -lcrypto

> Hello
>
> i've installed libcrypto.a (get from cygwin) in
> c:\mingw\lib and when i want to compile my program, at
> link time when i want to create the .dll, i have :

In general you cannot use a Cygwin static library with the MinGW compiler.

> *** Warning: linker path does not have real file for
> library -lcrypto.

These messages are from libtool, which is not part of MinGW, so we don't
provide support for using it here. Another user might still be able to
answer your question, but you may be better asking elsewhere...

[snip]

> i've missed something about libcrypto.a ? maybe i have
> to compile again zlib with mingw to have a libcrypto.a
> compiled with mingw ?

What is the relevance of zlib? It may help if you tell us what package you
are trying to build. Yes, you probably do need to rebuild these libraries
if
they were not built with MinGW.

Luke