From: Ranguvar <ranguvar13-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Cross-compile from Linux to Windows
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.user
Date: Monday 22nd September 2008 01:53:52 UTC (over 9 years ago)
I'm trying to cross-compile x264 to Windows from Arch x86_64 Linux. I can
successfully build for Linux, and I used to build with MinGW on Windows
before I switched to Linux.

Right now, I'm doing ./configure --host=i486-mingw32

When I 'make', though it fails because it can't find windows.h.

I do have all mingw32 packages installed from Arch's repositories.
windows.h
is in /usr/i486-mingw32/include. I've tried nearly everything - adding that
folder to my PATH, includedirs, etc.

Can someone please explain how to point it to my MinGW installation?

Thanks very much.