From: <tdragon-wrm+6FpcB9PR7s880joybQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: ANN: MinGW GCC 4.1.2 binaries installer for Windows
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.user
Date: Wednesday 21st March 2007 15:52:56 UTC (over 10 years ago)
Greetings from the publisher of the infamous GCC 4.1.2 binaries being
discussed. I must say it's rather exciting to see my little experiment
already being picked up and redisseminated -- and disconcerting to see
my page near the top of a Google search for "gcc 4.1.2".

An unfortunate mistake on my part, the state of the build I'm
distributing is somewhat less than compliant with the GPL -- and the
page I posted (http://www.tdragon.net/gcc412.html)
is probably not as
clear as it should be on GCC 4's quality and usability on Windows.
I'll be correcting the situation on both counts forthwith, and wanted
to alert readers to these upcoming changes.

With 1.5 GB of my hosting plan's 2 GB bandwidth limit sucked up at
barely halfway through the month of March, my build of GCC 4.1.2 has
become much more popular than I expected. I'm quite delighted,
therefore, that there is an alternative download option that may well
be more exposed and is more user-friendly. Giovanni, if there is
anything I can do from my end that would be helpful to you in offering
your GCC package, I would be happy to do it.

To the MinGW developers: I've been searching for the patch(es) to
propagate exceptions across DLL boundaries, and have only been able to
find a five-year-old post by Danny Smith at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg03513.html,
for
GCC 3.2. Has this fix been ported to 4.1? If not, is there a patch for
3.4.5 I can get somewhere (other than diff'ing with the vanilla
sources) that I could try to port to 4.1?

Cheers,
John E. / TDM
http://www.tdragon.net