From: Ranjit Mathew <rmathew-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: GCC 3.2 and Java Support in MinGW
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.user
Date: Monday 19th August 2002 11:41:57 UTC (over 16 years ago)
[NOTE: Before anyone jumps at me with bared fangs, let me
assure you that I did do my fair bit of research with
this. ;-)]

Hi,

I notice that the MinGW-GCC 3.2 release notes still
maintain "Sorry no Java yet" - the same as for GCC 3.1.

Danny/Adam, can you please elaborate on that? What
exactly is holding GCJ/Win32 back? Is there any way
any of us can contribute (apart from not bugging you
guys constantly about this, that is ;-))?

I am quite excited by the prospect of building native
Java applications on Win32, especially with SWT - and
I'm sure there are quite a few people around with
similar views - ergo this query.

Going through the gcj-devel mailing lists, I found that
the AWT merge is also in, which is a great thing. The
GCJ homepage mentions that the support for "java.lang.Process"
is not in - however, that news is quite old - is *that*
what's holding back GCJ/MinGW?

Thanks for your help and support.

Ranjit.