From: Rob Savoye <rob <at> welcomehome.org>
Subject: Code Freeze Aug 7th
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gnu.gnash.devel2
Date: Monday 2nd August 2010 20:29:48 UTC (over 7 years ago)
After that under-whelming response, the code freeze for Gnash 0.8.8
will be Wed this week after all. Sometime that morning I'll make a
release branch and away we go... My goal is to push the release out by
the end of the month. This may be the last release for a long time, as
without even minimal stable funding, progress has slowed considerably.

  For me, it's easier to keep cranking out weekly snapshot packages,
than to go through the headache and time drain of an official release
that many distributions won't even include anyway. So I think going
forward releases may happen after major functionality gets added, but
not on a 3 or 6 month schedule anymore.

  This release is important since the YouTube cookie problem is fixed,
and that needs to get out there to users. But after that, without avm2
support in some form, I don't see the point in worrying about it. Less
and less sites work with Gnash everyday, and nobody cares. People just
install the Adobe plugin, even most of our free software supporting
friends. :-(

	- rob -

CD: 4ms