From: joel reed <joel.reed <at> ddiworld.com>
Subject: str:replace implementation
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gnome.lib.xslt
Date: Monday 8th January 2007 21:04:40 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Please find attached an implementation of the exslt.org str:replace
function and 7 test cases.

Documentation on the function can be found here:
   http://www.exslt.org/str/functions/replace/index.html

In that spec, I did not implement these last two sentences: "The longest
search strings are replaced first. If a search string is empty, then the
equivalently positioned replacement node is inserted between every
character in the string." I felt the added code complexity and
performance hit was not worth the impact at this time.

The other 11 sentences are implemented and add a useful capability to
libexslt (imho)!

Daniel and Bill: I hope you are both doing well. I'm not subscribed to
the xslt mailing list, and the mailman server seems to be busted with
reagards to new subscriptions.

jr

CD: 2ms