From: Caleb Moore <c.moore-oe7qfRrRQfch4f/j4+b0/7pzq4S04n8Q <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: using librsvg-cairo
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gnome.lib.librsvg.devel
Date: Thursday 3rd November 2005 11:17:51 UTC (over 13 years ago)
If you indeed have installed librsvg-2.13 you will have installed 3
libraries: librsvg-2-base, librsvg-2-cario and librsvg-2, the final one
being only 60k in size. If you do not have these three libraries, you
have not installed librsvg-2.13. Librsvg-2.13 cannot link to libart
since that backend was majorly broken when we released 2.13 and thus
must link to cairo.

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 02:25 -0700, John Taber wrote:
> I compiled and make-installed librsvg-2.13 which indicated it was the
> version with cairo support.  I see the rsvg-cairo.h file but do not see
> a compiled lib such as librsvg-cairo.so or whatever.  In my makefile
> I've specified "-lrsvg-cairo"  and it does not find such a file.
>
> Is this why you've indicated I should run cvs-head?  If so, is there a
> snapshot tar file ?  Or aAm I missing something else as to why there is
> no librsvg-cairo.so ?  btw make install put the librsvg files in
> /usr/local/lib instead of /usr/lib - is that normal or do I need to
> compile from /usr instead of /usr/local ?

Caleb Moore