From: =?UTF-8?Q?Javier_Jard=C3=B3n?= <jjardon <at> gnome.org>
Subject: GNOME 3.7.90 beta development release
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gnome.desktop
Date: Tuesday 26th February 2013 15:57:44 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Hi,

the first beta release of development cycle heading to GNOME 3.8 is
finally available.
Sorry for the delay, some technical and personal problems make the release
take more time than expected.
With this release we are officially now in "The Freeze" [1]:

- UI Freeze: No UI changes may be made without approval from the
release-team and
      notification to [email protected];
- Feature Freeze: new functionality is implemented now; API/ABI Freeze
for 3.7.x:
      Developer APIs should be frozen at this point;
- String Change Announcement Period: All string changes must be
announced to both
      [email protected] and [email protected]

More details about changes and news for this beta are available here:

   core: http://download.gnome.org/core/3.7/3.7.90/NEWS
   apps: http://download.gnome.org/apps/3.7/3.7.90/NEWS

The GNOME 3.7.90 release itself is available here:

   core sources: http://download.gnome.org/core/3.7/3.7.90/
   apps sources: http://download.gnome.org/apps/3.7/3.7.90/

JHBuild modulesets to compile GNOME 3.7.90 by hand are available here

   http://download.gnome.org/teams/releng/3.7.90/

Check the Smoketesting document [1] for instructions about how to compile
and test GNOME with these modulesets.

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
--------------------------

This release is a snapshot of development code. Although it is
buildable and usable, it is primarily intended for testing and hacking
purposes. GNOME uses odd minor version numbers to indicate development
status.

For more information about 3.8, the full schedule, the official module
lists and the proposed module lists, please see our colourful 3.8
page:
   http://www.gnome.org/start/unstable

For a quick overview of the GNOME schedule, please see:
   http://live.gnome.org/Schedule

[1] https://live.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning/Freezes
[1] https://live.gnome.org/Smoketesting

--