From: Alexander =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bostr=F6m?= <abo-DBsUyxBEGcoyHQ1ptcDwUw <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: libnotify 0.7.0 Re: Useful lists
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gnome.bindings.java.devel
Date: Tuesday 16th November 2010 14:56:13 UTC (over 6 years ago)
lör 2010-10-30 klockan 19:55 +0200 skrev Andrew Cowie:
> Just a passing comment: as major API changes are happening in GTK
> towards 3.0, useful mailing lists to be subscribed to are:

Yup, this already happened with the Fedora package in rawhide (the
future F15 release) as libnotify was updated to 0.7.0 and java-gnome
won't build with that. (So I need a snapshot, rc or release which does.)

Possibly I can provide a patch myself, as the changes seem rather
trivial but it needs to be done in a way that'll still work with older
libnotify releases.

Is it ok to change the API exposed to the Java side? IIRC java-gnome
isn't declare API stable but it'd be weird to have different APIs
depending on which libnotify version it was compiled with.

I guess the simplest solution is to change the API for all java-gnome
users regardless of which libnotify it was compiled with...

> From: Matthias Clasen
> Datum: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 21:12:47 -0400

> Here is an overview of the api changes:
>
> notify_notification_new_with_status_icon   is gone
> notify_notification_attach_to_status_icon  is gone
> notify_notification_attach_to_widget       is gone
> notify_notification_set_geometry_hints     is gone
> notify_notification_new                    has lost its widget argument
>
> A typical patch will look like this one:
> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/review?bug=632327&attachment=172525
>
> For some background on these changes, see
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/Guidelines/MessageTray/Compatibility

/Alexander