From: Basile Starynkevitch <basile <at> starynkevitch.net>
Subject: Re: dragonegg in FSF gcc?
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gcc.devel
Date: Friday 9th April 2010 16:53:16 UTC (over 7 years ago)
Jack Howarth wrote:
>    What are the opinions here about merging
> dragonegg into FSF gcc? It is in the odd position
> of straddling two projects so perhaps it could
> reside in both the LLVM and FSF gcc projects
> with regularly remerging. Certainly it would be
> an interesting addition to FSF gcc.

What are the alternatives?

I tend to be quite happy with the idea of dragonegg being a good GCC
plugin, since it is a good illustration of the plugin feature.

What exactly is wrong with the approach of keeping dragonegg as a GCC
plugin? In principle, I like it very much.

(I admit I did not compile dragonegg, so maybe there are issues in using
it as a plugin).

And I could imagine that the difference in the licenses and the
copyright owners between DragonEgg & GCC might make the merging legally
difficult, but of course I am not a lawyer and know nothing about these
issues.

Regards
email: basilestarynkevitchnet mobile: +33 6 8501 2359