From: Mark Mitchell <mitchell <at> codesourcery.com>
Subject: GCC Status Report (2009-08-23)
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gcc.devel
Date: Monday 24th August 2009 01:45:23 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Status
======

The trunk is in Stage 1.  As previously stated, we expect that Stage 1
will last through at least the end of August.

In my opinion, the single hardest issue we face with respect to 4.5 is
how to handle the VTA branch.  I've consulted with various people who
have a lot of experience with GCC and the opinions on this work seem
to be quite mixed.  I've looked at the branch myself and can't seem to
form a firm opinion.  The problem it's setting out to solve is
definitely important, but the scope of this particular solution
frightens me.  On the other hand, I can't see a viable better
solution.  So, I'd be very interested in further comments on this
topic.  Feel free to send those to me privately, if you would like to
provide a confidential opinion.

On the quality front, the level of P1 issues has been holding steady
for some time.  Most of the P1 issues are issues around core
optimization technology.  The number of P2 bugs seems to be increasing
slightly.

Quality Data
============

Priority	  #	Change from Last Report
--------	---	-----------------------
P1		 16       0
P2		104 	+ 7
P3		  0	- 4
Total		120	+ 3

Previous Report

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2009-07/msg00607.html

The next report for 4.5.0 will be sent by Richard.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery

CD: 14ms