From: Kristian =?iso-8859-1?Q?H=F8gsberg?= <hoegsberg-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Wayland and Weston 0.99.0 snapshots released
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.freedesktop.wayland.devel
Date: Tuesday 16th October 2012 03:00:27 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Hello,

After a couple of weeks of pretty intense activity, I've merged the
~krh/next branches back into wayland and weston master and released a
0.99.0 snapshot of both repos.  At this point I've pulled all patches
from the list and I feel that the big changes have settled in pretty
well.  We now have responsible error handling, we have a well-defined
atomic update mechanism and event dispatching is thread safe.  I've
been very happy to see the effort and the amount of patches on the
list recently, and without that we couldn't have wrapped up the
protocol and client API changes in time.

As I wrote before, we ended up with a little more API breakage than I
had hoped for, and releasing 1.0 right after landing that feels a
little reckless.  So what I'd like to do is to spend a week now just
porting clients and toolkits, fixing bugs and improving the
documentation.  In other words, we should see Wayland 1.0 on October
22nd.

The 0.99.0 release tarballs are available here:

	http://wayland.freedesktop.org/releases/

And just for good measure, the SHA1 sums are:

	0b2f6353831234f7f3689a388d390060b79f047b  wayland-0.99.0.tar.xz
	f99b8c2d80fb255ac2245dccb8607bcc1342657e  weston-0.99.0.tar.xz

I have a wayland-0.99 branch here in my mesa repo:

	http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~krh/mesa/log/?h=wayland-0.99

that works with the recent API changes and expect to push that
upstream tomorrow to master and hope to ship it in mesa 9.0.1.

thanks,
Kristian

CD: 5ms