From: Lewis Thompson <purple <at> lewiz.net>
Subject: VirtualBox 'seamless' mode disables notification-daemon pop-ups
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.freedesktop.galago.devel
Date: Tuesday 18th March 2008 21:03:37 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Hi,

I hope I'm posting to the correct list here.  I notice that when
VirtualBox is running in 'seamless' mode I get no notification-daemon
pop-ups.

I had a look through and it seems that fullscreen_window_exists()
doesn't evaluate to true with VirtualBox running.  From daemon.c:

986         if (!screensaver_active(GTK_WIDGET(nw)) &&
987                 !fullscreen_window_exists(GTK_WIDGET(nw)))
988         {
989                 theme_show_notification(nw);
990         }

This makes perfect sense.  wnck_window_is_fullscreen() isn't lying to
us, but my question is: where is the appropriate place to handle this
edge case?

In your opinion should we fix this in fullscreen_window_exists() or in
libwnck?

Kind regards,

Lewis

CD: 3ms