From: Vernon Adams <vern-nztp2eEOrCR84o+VKJ9KNPXRex20P6io <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: [GFD] OFL-FAQ update draft and web fonts paper
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.freedesktop.fonts
Date: Wednesday 29th May 2013 17:45:11 UTC (over 4 years ago)
I can understand this, except for one thing;

Surely it would not be 'diluting' the OFL to reshape it  to bring more
clarity to the licensing of this whole 'minor modification' space that
webfont services are opening up?
Imo the OFL needs to be ever so slightly tweaked, but only to better
protect the freedom of OFL'd fonts. That's not a dilution, that's a
re-concentration.

On the other hand, expecting designers to rely on an external triggers such
as 'trademarks' to plug this issue, does seem to dilute the license.

-vernon

On 29 May 2013, at 05:05, Victor Gaultney
 wrote:

>>> Perhaps the authors of the OFL could create such a text?
>>
>> I think Victor has been quite clear that he's not at all interested in
>> diluting the OFL model like this,
>
> Yes - for the reasons Dave mentions, and the basic conceptual difficulty
of defining and evaluating what changes would be allowed.

CD: 3ms