From: Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny-OmLHg5ZB6IHYtjvyW6yDsg <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: [GFD] OFL-FAQ update draft and web fonts paper
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.freedesktop.fonts
Date: Wednesday 22nd May 2013 22:31:57 UTC (over 4 years ago)
On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 01:41:03PM -0700, Vernon Adams wrote:
> Still not seeing why no RFN needs to be the default position. I'm very
> open to persuasive argument tho.

Because almost all free software licenses do not have such a provision
(I can only think of TeX license, which is pre historical, and the LPPL
which is apparently influenced by TeX license), so what is so special
about fonts in the first place? Incidentally I removed RFN from my fonts
few weeks ago because I felt it is just a silly provision and I have no
idea why I went for it in the first place :)

Regards,
Khaled

CD: 3ms