From: Adam Jackson <ajax-TAsg7VrFCGc <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: RFC: EGL_MESA_opengl_api
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.freedesktop.dri-egl
Date: Wednesday 16th November 2005 00:17:57 UTC (over 12 years ago)
EGL 1.2 introduces the ability to select among multiple rendering APIs for
use
with an EGL context.  Currently only OpenVG and OpenGL|ES are selectable.
This extension is a quick proposal make full OpenGL selectable as an API.

If anyone can come up with a sane way to support both OpenGL and OpenGL|ES
from the same implementation I'd like to hear it.  There's no EGL 1.2
header
posted yet, so I have no idea what value to use for the new token.

Also the name is terrible, should probably be EGL_EXT_opengl_api at least
if
we can get other vendors to agree to it.

- ajax

CD: 3ms